Choosing My Certifcate for 'Remember Me'
I chose to give my film a 12/12A rating because, while it is a romantic comedy, it includes some more serious and emotional elements that may not be suitable for younger children. For example, the car crash scene introduces a moment of danger and tension, which could be slightly upsetting, but it would not be shown in a graphic or violent way. The storyline also explores themes such as memory loss and relationships, which are more mature and require some emotional understanding from the audience. However, the film still fits within the 12/12A category as it focuses mainly on romance, humour, and the couple’s journey to reconnect, keeping an overall light and positive tone. This means it is suitable for a teenage audience and older, while still allowing younger viewers to watch.
Due to the 12/12A rating, there are certain elements that I cannot include in my film. For example, I cannot show graphic violence, so the car crash scene would need to be implied through editing, sound, and reaction shots rather than showing anything too explicit. I would also avoid using very strong language or frequent swearing, as this would push the film into a higher rating. In addition, any sexual content would need to be mild and implied rather than shown, keeping it appropriate for a younger audience. Themes such as memory loss would be handled in a sensitive and not overly distressing way, avoiding anything too dark or upsetting. This ensures that the film remains suitable for a 12/12A audience while still telling an engaging and emotional story.
Due to the 12/12A rating, there are certain elements that I cannot include in my film. For example, I cannot show graphic violence, so the car crash scene would need to be implied through editing, sound, and reaction shots rather than showing anything too explicit. I would also avoid using very strong language or frequent swearing, as this would push the film into a higher rating. In addition, any sexual content would need to be mild and implied rather than shown, keeping it appropriate for a younger audience. Themes such as memory loss would be handled in a sensitive and not overly distressing way, avoiding anything too dark or upsetting. This ensures that the film remains suitable for a 12/12A audience while still telling an engaging and emotional story.




Comments
Post a Comment