My Chosen Genre - Romantic Comedy
I have chosen to create a romantic comedy for my opening sequence because it is one of my favourite genres and I am already familiar with many of its conventions. This makes it easier for me to understand how to effectively structure my opening sequence and meet audience expectations. Romantic comedies are also very popular with audiences, as they combine humour with relatable themes such as love, relationships, and personal growth.
I am particularly interested in how the genre uses character interactions, dialogue, and narrative to create both emotional engagement and entertainment. Additionally, the genre allows for creativity in terms of tone, music, and setting, while still following recognisable conventions such as introducing the main characters and establishing their relationship early on.
Overall, I chose this genre because it gives me the opportunity to apply what I have learned while also creating something engaging and enjoyable.
I'm Going To Be Looking At The Following:
- Iconography/Mise-En-Scene
- Narrative Structure
- Character Types
- Cinematography
- Editing
- Sound - Music/Sound
- Intended Effect + Typical Themes
- Famous Films/Sub-Genres/Hybrids+Franchises



Comments
Post a Comment